Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A fluke? Probably

Last week while enjoying a snack in his high chair, Gus started motioning the sign for diaper. I thought to myself, no, he can't be telling me he needs a new diaper...could he? Deciding it was worth it to see, I took him out, set him down, and he proceeded to fill his pants. I was impressed and of course at that moment, thought Gus was a genius.

We realize it's probably too early to start potty training but decided to pick up a toddler toilet anyway just to get Gus familiar with it. I picked it up on Monday night and on Tuesday afternoon, he was giving me the look, you know, that look. I suggested we scoot into the bathroom to try out his new toilet. Within about 10 seconds I had him situated on his lovely new potty chair. And right then and there, he did his biz! No hesitation. I was freaking out and trying to tell him what a good job he did as he was sitting there just staring at me awkwardly wondering what the heck was going on. I'm sure he couldn't understand me because I was half-laughing, half-shrieking. I couldn't believe what had happened.

Fast forward to Wednesday,1 day later. Still riding the high from the day before, I plopped him down on the chair with high hopes and he proceeded to do nothing. Not even a dribble. I haven't given up yet but I'm thinking the #2 on the throne was just good timing on my part. The next time we will experience it will probably be in a year or so. Oh, and yesterday was Ross's birthday. What a present. It is amazing what you get excited about as parents.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy have potty chairs come a long ways...that thing looks like a comfty throne! Now you are going to need a little book rack to put beside his new chair as he will probably spend some quality reading time there...