Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend

Mom & Dad and Grandma & Grandpa were in town for the weekend. It rained non-stop all weekend so we hung out inside the whole time. I can't remember the last time we got such a constant rain over such a long period of time. There were some issues with flooding in the Winona part of the state but luckily we didn't have any of that in our neck of the woods.

Grandma and Grandpa stayed at our place and Mom and Dad stayed at Chad's. It worked out perfect plus we made some cash in the process. I only charged the grandparents $50 which I thought was fair. Before you say that seems a little harsh you have to take into account that it did include a continental breakfast.

Since Dad was in town I decided to put him to work building a hanging shelf in the garage. We're already running out of room with Junior's stuff and I'm sure it will only get worse. The best part of having a project to work on -- buying new tools!!! Home Depot had a battery operated Ryobi drill, circular saw, and flashlight set on sale for $75 that I couldn't pass up. It'll be just fine for anything I'll ever need it for.

There's just something about powertools. I wish I could convey the Tim the tool man grunt through words but it doesn't translate well. Looking at the picture though it doesn't look that manly since the saw's quite small and I'm holding it daintilly with two hands. Oh well, at least the saw screamed with power as it chewed through 2x4 after 2x4. There, that makes me feel better.


Here's the before shot.



And after. Total elapsed time -- 2 hours 30 minutes.



After the shelf was up we decided to play a lively game of whist. Guess who won. I'll give you a hint -- it wasn't Dad and Chad.

Here's the whole crew Sunday at Chad's.

Well, that's all for now.

Good night,

R&A

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose in order to get in on that $50 a night deal, a person has to come and stay before Junior arrives, huh?

Unless, of course, Junior turns out to be a baby who keeps you up all night...then you might be paying someone to come and stay!

Patty

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... $50 sounds pretty reasonable. What all does the breakfast include? Just dry cereal and toast or fancy stuff like waffles and doughnuts?

I left a message with Chad about crashing at his place Labor Day weekend (any idea if his rates are similar?). I'll probably see you guys then if you're at home, maybe even try talking you into letting one or more of us stay there a night or two.

L8r (that's how the kids are saying later these days),
Kyle

Anonymous said...

First I want to say I love this website its gotten to be very intertaining.

Grandpa was so excited to tell about the trip to the cities this past weekend. Sounds like they had a great time.

And about that $50 room rate, if a person was to stay more than one night does the rate stay the same or do you get some kind of a deal?

Dorinda

Consummate P said...

Just so you know, Hana and Trudi are extremely disappointed that they weren't invited to be in the group photo.