Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back in time

For 3 days, it felt like Ross and I had traveled back in time, to Ross and Allison, BG (before Gus). We took a mini vacation to LA to see Chad, Ross' brother, and to relax. Gus stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa Vickie and Dave. We are so happy they came to watch Gus and appreciate it more than ever. More than we can say!

Looking back, I'm not saying a vacation like this, where the baby stays home, was easy to dive into. There were plenty of conversations going on inside my head the whole time between my vacation-care-free-brain and my mom-brain. For instance, vaca-care-free-brain would say:
awesome, head to the beach, ahhh, this is the life so live it up. And just as quickly as I was feeling that thought, my mom-brain would interrupt with I bet Gus just got up from his nap, he's probably asking for cheese for his snack right now. I think Ross had the same dialogue going on in his head, too, but after a couple days of it, I decided it just meant we missed Gus.

Before we knew it, it was time to come home and we really did enjoy every moment of our mini vacation, despite missing the little guy while we were there.

OK enough chatter from me. Onto the pics. Since this vacation did not directly involve Gus, I didn't take more than a couple photos. One of which is totally worth sharing and the other one is only partially worth sharing but I added it because this post needed at least one more pic to even out the words to photo ratio.

On Monday morning, our view from the pool included a John Deere combing the beach. I loved it. It's like ND in CA.

Here's us enjoying the beach. For the record, Gus would have loved running and playing in the sand.

Thank you to Chad who was an awesome host.

1 comment:

Patty Bloms said...

I was wondering how this little trip would go without Gus! I'm sure you had a good time, but couldn't get home fast enough. Glad to hear you were able to enjoy it for the most part!